All my best friends are illustrators

One thing I cannot do is draw.  Alas, try as I might, the best I can do is a stick man and loads and loads of palm trees with yachts (I know, not sure where that comes from either), but I have some talented friends who are talented illustrators, one of whom is my dear friend Tanja Wilmot.   Tanja has a gorgeous blog over here with some beautiful, beautiful work.
 In fact, I'm sure Tanja won't mind me saying so, but she recently got married and the below illustration was the one she used for her wedding invitation.  There's a lovely story as to how it all came about here

So we had a little celebration for the newly weds and I thought I would rather give a handmade wedding present - and knowing Tanja's love of all things white, decided on a large, chunky cable knit all in white.
I used the Elle Pure Gold Yarn as I usually do, this time in chunky, although I hear through the grapevine that Elle will no longer be producing their chunky yarn which is a pity as it's a great yarn to knit huge projects with - and the fact that it's completely machine wash, well, can't argue with that.
So in case you wanted one of these cushions for yourself, they're available in the usual spots here, here and here.

7 comments:

Fleur Cotton said...

Oh I just hate it when a yarn that I use regularly gets discontinued. Of course I just love new lines, but I don't want them to get rid of the old ones either! Hope you find a suitable alternative.

Fleur xx

strikk handknits said...

Agree! So annoying. Just when you get used to a certain yarn, it's gone.....

Monica said...

wow; that is the perfect newly wed gift. beautiful!

strikk handknits said...

thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

really beautiful!

oklyous said...

oh pretty pretty. Love flowers, and cables :)

strikk handknits said...

Thank you - who knew flowers and cables could look so good :-)